We are committed to providing you with a website that is accessible to the widest possible audiences.
Using the Site
We have aimed to create a site that is available to everyone
- We aim to use a web font so all text is easy to read.
- We ensure that navigation through our websites works in a consistent way.
- We do not rely on just colour as the only way of giving information.
- We avoid the use of images of text wherever possible, and provide equivalent text links that consist of images.
Here are a few helpful ways in which you can start using the website more easily.
To enlarge text and images on the site
On a PC:
- Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘+’ to enlarge.
- Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘-‘ to reduce.
- To reset hold down ‘Ctrl’ and press ‘0’.
- On an Apple Macintosh computer hold the ‘Cmd’ (Apple) key instead of ‘Ctrl’.
Browser accessibility options
Each browser has different methods for font size, formatting, and screen colour options:
The BBC also has information on how to customise your computer, and your browser, to make them more accessible in their ‘My web my way’ section
- Internet Explorer accessibility options.
- Google Chrome accessibility options, under the Chrome Browser Resources section.
- Mozilla Firefox accessibilty options.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the site, or have any comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.