Music brings people together
- Shared musical engagement enables individuals to enjoy music with others; it facilitates shared, quality time with friends, family and carers
- Music creates communities, offering inclusive, meaningful social experiences
- Music supports active participation and enhances awareness of others
- Music enables relationship-building
- Music is a readily accessible medium that supports people to be in the here and now
- Music resonates deeply with people, tapping into their identity and their experiences. It enables individuals living with dementia to stay connected to who they are, the people and their world around them.